Welcome to the Clinical Looking Glass ("CLG") training program. Below are the step-by-step instructions for registering for training. The instructor-led training series consists of four (4) 3-hour training sessions. For the Montefiore associates who are unable to commit to the in-person training sessions, we designed a self-study version of CLG training series. Note: Self-study tutorial is not available for Medical students.
Regardless of the training method you choose, you will need to complete the Registration requirements, as well as take and pass the CLG Appropriate Use exam(Step 1). After you complete the forms and review all the reading materials in Step 1, you will need to send your forms and completion certificate along with your training choice to the IT Service desk. Trainees participating in the Self-Study tutorial will need to review the study materials during the tutorial. Instructor-led training participants will use these materials during class and for home assignments (Step 2). The final part of the training for ALL trainees require you to take and pass the CLG Basic Competency exam (Step 3) in order to gain continued access to the CLG application.
Step 1: Registration
- Read policies on “Appropriate Use of Clinical Looking Glass”
- Read Pathway to Clinical Looking Glass Use
- Take the Appropriate Use Exam:
- Montefiore employees, navigate to Montefiore Learning Network. Enter your User ID (this is your EZ ID# which can be found on your paystub or on the back of your Montefiore I.D.). The first time you login – your password will be your EZ ID# as well. You will have to change this. Once you are logged in, click on “My Learning,” then type Clinical Looking Glass in the search box; choose Clinical Looking Glass Appropriate Use Exam.
- Non Montefiore employees, navigate to Talent Management. Once the page opens up – click where it says “If you are a new user, please register.” Enter your information, then press submit at the bottom (right) of the page. “My Learning Assignments” will open. Clinical Looking Glass Appropriate Use Exam has already been assigned.
- Review and complete the Data Use Agreement Form
- Review and complete the Supervisor Permission Form
(Montefiore Department Chairman or Chief signature is required)
* Non-Montefiore employees must also obtain an email from Dr. Brian Currie (BCurrie@montefiore.org) approving their access to CLG
If you require access to identifiers (“Privilege Mode”), you may only access identifiers for an Institutional Review Board (IRB)-approved study, a Quality Improvement (QI) project, or your own patient work list. To establish an IRB study approved for access to identifiers, go to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine Institutional Review Board website for the application process
AND, if you are not the principal investigator,
☐ In addition to the Notification of Approval letter Download a PDF copy of the protocol, listing you as an approved investigator, researcher, or other key personnel on the study. This should be on Einstein IRB letterhead and can be obtained from the Einstein Integrated Research Information Systems (iRIS)
- Send Registration forms and Appropriate Use Exam Completion Certificate to IT Service Desk. (No Screen Shots). You must create a PDF of the Completion Certificate by going in to your "History" and clicking on the completed exam. Once you click on it, you will get an option to print the certificate. Save and send. Please include the training method you wish to participate (Instructor-led or Self Study) in your email.
Step 2: Study Materials
The following materials will be used for your training:
Self-Study Tutorial Trainees click "Video Tutorials" link below to begin your training.
Step 3: Exam
- Self-Study participants take the CLG Basic Competency exam after you complete the Video Tutorials.
- Instructor-led participants take the CLG Basic Competency exam once training is over.
-- Montefiore Associates, navigate to Montefiore Learning Network
-- Non-Montefiore Associates, navigate to Talent Management
- Send a PDF of the Completion Certificate (not a screen shot) by going in to your "History" and clicking on the completed exam. Once you click on it, you will get an option to print the certificate. Save and send.